Monday, June 18, 2012

New Irish Magazine

This morning as I was going through the blog posts in my Google Reader, one in particular caught my eye.  It was Lynn Palermo of The Armchair Genealogist and as usual I skimmed through her Monday Morning Mentions to see which ones intrigued me enough to follow her link.  I love the way she has categories for her suggestions with an emphasis on family history writing.  But today, the one that I thought deserved an extra shout was in her category of  "Books that Move and Matter".

 
 Today, rather than a book, she introduced her readers to a new magazine called Irish Lives Remembered.  I followed her link and found a wonderful website devoted to Irish genealogy.  I instantly signed up for future notifications, then clicked on the magazine tab near the top of the page, and spent a considerable amount of time reading through this extremely well done online magazine.  Did I mention it is free?  It will also let me download it as a PDF so I assume I can transfer it to my Nook for reading off line - like in the car on an upcoming road trip. 

An added bonus is that this inaugural issue has a focus on Cork, which is where my McDonnells and O'Callahans are from.  While I was there, I also signed up for groups related to ancestor research in Counties Kerry and Meath.

Thank you Lynn, for introducing me to this great new resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment