Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wisdom Wednesday

Today has been very busy.  It started at 4:45 a.m. when my  adult son called us from work that his car had been stolen with his wallet and cell phone in it.  He called us because our phone number was the only one he remembered since he had all of  his others on speed dial and hadn't bothered to ever memorize the numbers.  The thieves ditched the car a couple of blocks away, and we took him our extra set of keys so he could drive home .  I can't imagine why they didn't want to keep the red Toyota that has rusted doors, a missing door handle, multiple dents, dings and a light held in with duct tape.  My granddaughter has been promised that this will be her car to drive when she gets her license much to her dismay horror.  She was hoping  praying it wouldn't be found, but luck was not on her side.  If only the car had been stolen, I would have guessed that she hired the hit.





Today was also the library book sale.  I love the library book sale.  If you have never shopped the St. Joseph County Public Library book sale put on by the Friends of the Library, you should.  There are always surprises and everything is a great bargain. It is mammoth.  I have my usual sections that I peruse - cookbooks and cooking magazines, knitting, War (Civil, Revolutionary, and WWII - all for my husband), and, of course,  genealogy.  I thought I would share some of the genealogy books I purchased. 














I am not sure this book on Ireland will be very useful, but for only a quarter, I had to bring it home for a closer look.






















Since I am off to Iowa for a research trip next week,  this seemed like a timely purchase.  However, if I am to be totally honest, I probaby won't read it until I come back from Iowa, except for a quick flip through. What I want to do and what I actually do are always in conflict.




















I never can think of questions to ask older family members.  So even though this is a very old book, the ideas and questions are timeless.  It is full of great suggestions.




















I'm not so sure about this one, but the title is catchy!


















Sounded like genealogy short stories - I'll let you know.













Total cost for my genealogy book splurge - $1.50.






1 comment:

  1. All worth it for a total of $1.50. You can always donate them back.

    ReplyDelete