Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hiatus and Excuses


Well, I am back, although it doesn't seem like I have been away. In my mind, I have written several posts and filed them in the back of my brain for "when I have time" . I always think I need more time than I have, and so I put it off. I am not very good at just doing a smaller project, taking a shorter vacation . . . . or posting a shorter post. I always find myself waiting until I have time to do what I have envisioned. It is all suppose to be so organized, even when I am not. This fatal flaw of mine causes me to dream big but often pass by the small opportunities. I am going to work on this.

This next paragragh is the excuse paragraph. I'll make this short. My husband and I took a short vacation to the Blue Ridge mountains to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it. The time away together was so relaxing, and he planned the whole thing! He was also very tolerant of my conversations (Is only one person talking a conversation?) about my upcoming trip to Ireland. I am really obsessing and over analyzing that. And that is what has taken up any remaining time I have.

Now back to the subject at hand. There is so much that I want to find out how to do to this blog. For instance, I would like to change the look and have a family photo at the top. How do I put some links on the side like the other bloggers do for things such as email, tags, blogs they read, etc.
One blogger told me to search the internet because the buttons were all over the place. Yes, but how do I get it on my blog??? Of course, if I had more time I would be able to figure it out . . . let's not get into that again. But wait, this is the advantage of having an invisible blog. I have only told the family, and they aren't interested. My brother is noticeably bored and underwhelmed when I ask if he read my blog and HE'S the original genealogist in the family. My daughter warns me all the time about BORING people with my genealogy talk. So who do I want to impress with a new snazzy look with all the bells and whistles - why me, of course!

1 comment:

  1. you can put the family photos up using the design function up there in blogger design. i don't want to give you a lot of information if you've given up the idea though.

    ReplyDelete