Saturday, May 1, 2010

My first blog post


This is one of my favorite photos. It is my great grandfather, Edward P. Kennelly and his family. He was born in 1874 in Chicago, Illinois. He was one of seven children but by 1900 only two remained alive. He was a salesman at the Fulton St. Market and the father of three boys and three girls pictured in the photo. They are, from left to right Mary, Margaret (Peg), John, Owen, Anna Marie, and Edward Phillip, my grandfather. I love the family photos so much. I am eternally grateful to the family members who pulled their shoeboxes from the top shelves of closets and shared them with me.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Margel! Now go to Geneablogger and register your blog! Love the photo by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, thanks for the message you left on my post regarding our Leisure reunion.
    Second, I'm assuming the 2338 W. Washington Blvd. is in Chicago. If so, just wanted to tell you that I lived in the 3000 block of W Washington Blvd from 1954 to 1962. Some of the old, beautiful home were still gorgeous inside. In fact, I was fortunate to live in one of the "mansions" that still had red carpeting throughout and all its woodwork still in tact. (However, the neighborhood was not what it once was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is in Chicago. My hope is to find a photo of the house some day. I have so many obits, births, and census records with that address on them that it just seemed like a good name for my blog. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete